Two similar publications/subscriptions: One works, one does not
Andreas Tscharner
2007-06-12 12:51:32 UTC
Hello World,

I have two merge publications on my server:
1) Size on disk is about 23-24MiB, contains 72 articles
2) Size on disk about 70MiB, contains 80 articles
Both are configured identically

Then I have to subscriptions from my workstation, one subscribes to 1)
and the other subscribes to 2). Both are push subscriptions and both are
configured identically.

The subscriptions that subscribes to 1) works.
When I try to synchronize the subscription that subscribes to 2), I got
the following errors:

Error messages:
The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber.
If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to
create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the
synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file
to which to write. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201001)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-2147201001

The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."_tbElement"'.
(Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20037)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20037

Batch send failed (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 0)
Get help: http://help/0

OLE DB provider 'STREAM' for linked server '(null)' returned invalid
data for column '[!BulkInsert].elDim1'. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error
number: 7339)
Get help: http://help/7339

To obtain an error file with details on the errors encountered when
initializing the subscribing table, execute the bcp command that appears
below. Consult the BOL for more information on the bcp utility and its
supported options. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)
Get help: http://help/20253

bcp "Cm380Test"."dbo"."_tbElement" in
"C:\SqlData\ReplData\unc\WIN2K3R2EE_E90_CMTEST380\20070612142096\_tbElement_17.bcp"
-e "errorfile" -t"\n<x$3>\n" -r"\n<,@g>\n" -m10000 -Ssw-ats -T -w
(Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)
Get help: http://help/20253

The server runs a SQL Server 2005 and I think it's an enterprise
edition. It runs on a Windows Server 2003r2 Enterprise Edition, which is
virtual (It is that image of the virtual SQL Server, you can download
from Microsoft)

The client runs a SQL Server 2005, Developer edition on a Windows XP
Professional SP2.

I use on both the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.

Any clue, what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated...

TIA and best regards
Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner ***@metromec.ch
Gordon's Law:
If you think you have the solution, the question was poorly phrased.
Hilary Cotter
2007-06-12 13:51:19 UTC
Did you try using this command
bcp "Cm380Test"."dbo"."_tbElement" in
"C:\SqlData\ReplData\unc\WIN2K3R2EE_E90_CMTEST380\20070612142096\_tbElement_17.bcp"
-e "errorfile" -t"\n<x$3>\n" -r"\n<,@g>\n" -m10000 -Ssw-ats -T -w

It almost looks like there is a problem with the data.
--
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
Hello World,
Andreas Tscharner
2007-06-12 14:25:34 UTC
Post by Hilary Cotter
Did you try using this command
bcp "Cm380Test"."dbo"."_tbElement" in
"C:\SqlData\ReplData\unc\WIN2K3R2EE_E90_CMTEST380\20070612142096\_tbElement_17.bcp"
It almost looks like there is a problem with the data.
Looks like you're right:

SQLState = 28000, NativeError = 18452
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user
''. The
user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Hmm... I have to configure a trusted user somewhere, but where?

TIA and best regards
Andreas
Andreas Tscharner
2007-06-12 14:43:15 UTC
Post by Hilary Cotter
Did you try using this command
bcp "Cm380Test"."dbo"."_tbElement" in
"C:\SqlData\ReplData\unc\WIN2K3R2EE_E90_CMTEST380\20070612142096\_tbElement_17.bcp"
It almost looks like there is a problem with the data.
I've noticed that the command works if I remove the trusted connection
option (-T) and provide a username (-U"Username") and password
(-P"password") for the database. Where can I set these informations so
that they will be used instead of -T?

TIA and best regards
Andreas
Hilary Cotter