Delivering Replicated Transactions
A. Robinson
2005-05-02 15:56:13 UTC
This is the message that has been displaying from my distribution agent for
the last two hours!! Funny thing is, according to the log reader, there are
no replicated transactions available. Also, when I run sp_repltrans, i get NO
rows back.....

What is going on?!?!

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!!
Hilary Cotter
2005-05-02 16:12:31 UTC
did you use the concurrent snapshot option? If so, expect this message - for
hours.
--
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
Thanks!!
A. Robinson
2005-05-02 16:35:03 UTC
Sorry, Hilary....

I'm unfamiliar with that particular option...and I can't find it in BOL.
Could you possibly shed some light?

Thanks!
Thanks!!
A. Robinson
2005-05-02 16:38:03 UTC
Hilary:

Just realized I DID use that concurrent snapshot option. Is thyat the option
that says don't lock tables while doing snapshot? If so, I sure did use that
option...

So why does that option add so much overhead to the snapshot generation? The
database I snapshot-ed didn't have any users on it at all....
Thanks!!
A. Robinson
2005-05-02 17:01:09 UTC
I stand corrected...I double checked and it looks like I dodn't use that
concurrent snapshot option...

Sorry about the misinformation...
Thanks!!
Paul Ibison
Thanks!!
Rafael Bahia
2010-06-21 00:04:38 UTC

Recently I've solved this problem by recreating the primary key at the
subscriber manually. The snapshot kept saying that the primary key had been
created but when I checked it was not. Right after I created it, the
syncronization process came back to normal, applying all the undistributed
commands finally. I then checked the properties of the publication for the
table being replicated (just one in this case) and saw that the "recreate
clustered indexes" option was marked as 'true'. However, I saw no script for
recreating this object in the snapshot folder. A bug perhaps? I created a
script and put it to execute automatically every time SQL Server generates a
new snapshot. Of course that all that discovery and solution came after many
hours of suffering trying to identify the problem itself.

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/1156508.aspx