error "Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file" when initializ
Susan Cooper
2009-08-03 20:52:01 UTC

I've run into an error trying to initialize one table in transactional
replication. The error is:

"Error messages:
The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."New_AutoTecIssuesBase"'.
(Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20037)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20037
memory mapped file read failed
To obtain an error file with details on the errors encountered when
initializing the subscribing table, execute the bcp command that appears
below. Consult the BOL for more information on the bcp utility and its
supported options. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)
Get help: http://help/20253
bcp "Online_Vehicle_Exchange_MSCRM"."dbo"."New_AutoTecIssuesBase" in
"D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\OVE-QACRM02_ONLINE_VEHICLE_EXCHANGE_MSCRM_AUTO\20090803163626\New_AutoTecIssuesBase_2#3.bcp"
-e "errorfile" -t"\n<x$3>\n" -r"\n<,@g>\n" -m10000 -SOVE-CDRSQL01 -T -w
(Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)
Get help: http://help/20253"

When I copy the bcp command from the error message into a command prompt and
run, I get the following error:

X:\>bcp "Online_Vehicle_Exchange_MSCRM"."dbo"."New_AutoTecIssuesBase" in
"D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\OVE-QACRM02_ONLINE_VEHICLE_EXCHANGE_MSCRM_AUTO\20090803163626\New_AutoTecIssuesBase_2#3.bcp"
-e "errorfile" -t"\n<x$3>\n" -r"\n<,@g>\n" -m10000 -SOVE-CDRSQL01 -T -w

Starting copy...
SQLState = S1000, NativeError = 0
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP
data-fil

0 rows copied.
Network packet size (bytes): 4096
Clock Time (ms.) Total : 140

Each time I've tried to initialize a subcription to this table (I've tried
in different publications), I get the same error on the same file name:
..\New_AutoTecIssuesBase_2#3.bcp

How do I resolve this problem? There is 140+GB free on the drive that the
snapshots are written to, so it's not a space problem.

Thanks for the help!!
-Susan
Worried in Warren
2009-08-27 23:34:01 UTC
Susan,

I've got the exect same situation. How did you resolve it?
Parveen Siwach
2011-04-07 13:46:56 UTC
Please check if table structure is same on publication and subscriber i.e.Like Column order and Data type if table already existed on subscriber and publication property is "Truncate if name is already in use". This work for me . Transactional Replication:

Thanks
Parveen Siwach
MS SQL Server DBA
Hi,
I have run into an error trying to initialize one table in transactional
[...]
Each time I have tried to initialize a subcription to this table (I have tried
..\New_AutoTecIssuesBase_2#3.bcp
How do I resolve this problem? There is 140+GB free on the drive that the
snapshots are written to, so it is not a space problem.
Thanks for the help!!
-Susan
Post by Worried in Warren
Susan,
I have got the exect same situation. How did you resolve it?
Chuck Hottle
2011-05-04 16:36:18 UTC
When we encountered this issue, we found cr/lf in one of the columns. Fixing that resolved the issue.
Post by Worried in Warren
Susan,
I have got the exect same situation. How did you resolve it?
Post by Susan Cooper
Thanks
Parveen Siwach
MS SQL Server DBA
Chuck Hottle
2011-05-04 16:37:11 UTC
Post by Worried in Warren
Susan,
I have got the exect same situation. How did you resolve it?
Post by Susan Cooper
Thanks
Parveen Siwach
MS SQL Server DBA