Login failed for user 'distributor_admin'
Murali
2007-08-24 06:48:00 UTC
Hi ,

We are facing trouble while setting up transactional push replication
between SQL 2000 and SQL 2005.

Publisher--SQL 2000
Distributir and Subscriber--SQL 2005 on same machine.

We are getting below error while running the Snapshot agent and while
expanding the publication from distributor also.

Login failed for user 'distributor_admin'. Reason: Not associated with a
trusted SQL Server connection.TCP Provider: An existing connection was
forcibly closed by the remote host.Communication link failure

We gave administration link passowrd as distribution_admin passowrd.

Could you please suggest us how to resolve this?

Thanks
Murali
Hilary Cotter
2007-08-24 11:21:50 UTC
I believe there is a problem when upgrading from sql 2000 to sql 2005 when
you have a remote distributor and a blank administrative link password.
Right click on the replication node in SSMS and update the replication
password.

If this does not work, in SQL 2005 the distributor_admin remote server is
now a linked server (called repl_distributor) and you can change the
password and security context it runs under on the linked server.
--
RelevantNoise.com - dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.

Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
Murali
Murali
2007-08-24 18:52:02 UTC
Hi Hilary,

Thank you for your reply. I did all the below steps. but still it is failing
with same error.

Thanks
Murali
Murali
unknown
2007-08-29 22:09:27 UTC
Hi murali,

You can change the connection to trusted so that you dont have to use the password or you can create the same login with sysadmin role in the subscriber, that should solve the issue.

Do get back if its solved

Cheers

Sunil

http://www.eggheadcafe.com